We are Cycling Accident Claim Solicitors
Cyclists are amongst the most vulnerable road users. It is no coincidence therefore that as a result they can suffer serious and life changing injuries after a cycling accident, despite taking all precautions when riding.
If you have been injured due to somebody else’s negligence, our specialists can help you claim the compensation you deserve. We offer free, helpful advice and can advise if we can help you claim compensation. Our aim wherever practicable is to get you back on your bike as quickly as possible. Call to speak with one of our Solicitors on 01244 312306 or email email@example.com to see how we can help.
What sets Oliver & Co apart from others?
- We pride ourselves on communication and getting to the heart of your matter.
- We know bikes are often bespoke and adapted to suit the rider. You know your bike so we listen to you and ensure you are correctly reimbursed for repairs or replacement.
- We understand your additional travel expenses through the inability to ride your bike can be expensive, particularly if commuting or participating in sports cycling and we always seek to recover these losses for you.
- We will always fight your corner, when it comes to arguments over helmets, high viz clothing or other equipment.
- We take all steps necessary to get you back cycling with a particular focus on early privately funded rehabilitation (treatment).
- We have a dual qualified Doctor and Lawyer on our team.
- We represent sports and leisure cyclists and understand your different needs and priorities.
- We take a cyclists view when arguing your claim.
- We can arrange home visits if needed.
- Our reviews say it all. There is no better endorsement than client recommendation and we are proud to be rated EXCELLENT on Trustpilot.
How much could my claim be worth?
Find out instantly what your claim could be worth by using our claim calculator (these valuations do not include any financial losses you could claim). Click here or on the link below to get started.
Try our claim calculator
How much is your claim worth?
What can I claim for?
You can claim for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity caused by the accident and your reasonable financial losses incurred or that may be incurred in the future.
Compensation for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (known as ‘General damages’)
We value damages based upon independent medical expert reports, often in a number of different disciplines. We then use the up-to-date version of the Judicial College Guidelines and case law to value your claim.
Injuries could include:
- Broken bones
- Muscular injuries
- Cartilage damage
- Psychological injuries
- Nerve damage
- Cuts and lacerations resulting in scarring
- Damage to internal organs
- Damage to teeth
The most common body parts that are usually damaged in a cycling accident
- Head- Injuries of various severity from minor concussion to brain injury
- Limbs – such as shoulders, elbows, wrists, legs, knees, ankles and feet
- Collarbones – usually a fractured clavicle or scapula
- Neck and back – fractures and soft tissue injury
- Facial and dental injuries – Eye sockets, scarring and damaged teeth
- Abrasions – ‘road rash’
Compensation for out-of-pocket expenses (we call these ‘Special damages’)
- Bike damage
- Replacements helmets and clothing
- Private Rehabilitation arranged by you or us
- Loss of earnings, past or future
- Care and assistance past or future
- Modifications, equipment or relocation costs
- Additional commuting costs
- Travel to medical appointments
- Cost of losing out on competitions or events
- Costs of buying a car
£45,000 in compensation for Mr W
Mr W was badly injured whilst cycling when he was hit by a driver who pulled out of a junction at speed without looking. Sadly, Mr W suffered multiple injuries, including a fractured left hip, a head injury, and a laceration which required staples. The hip injury unfortunately increased his chance of needing a total left hip replacement 10-15 years after the accident.
We managed to secure an interim payment for Mr W during his case. Unfortunately, Mr W could not cycle as much as he had previously due to his injuries, so we also made sure that our client received compensation for the travel costs he incurred when he was unable to ride his bike, and we claimed for the cost of him buying an automatic car.
We were very happy to recover £45,000 in compensation for Mr W.
£12,934 in compensation for Mr L
We recovered £12,934 for Mr L after he was injured when the lower supporting bracket of his bicycle suddenly cracked. He had purchased a Black Ridge Genesis bicycle which he used to exercise at the weekends and to commute to and from work.
When the lower supporting bracket cracked, he fell from his bike injuring his abdomen and kidneys. The Specialist Solicitor dealing with the claim argued that the manufacturer had supplied Mr L with a defective bicycle, and subsequently won the case. Mr L was delighted with his compensation.
What type of cycling accident can I claim compensation for?
If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, you may have a claim. Common circumstances are:
- Drivers who pull across a cyclist
- Drivers pulling out of side roads
- Drivers changing lanes
- People opening car doors onto cyclists
- Rear end impacts
- Defective repairs to bikes
Who pays my Solicitor’s fees?
We work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis which means if your claim is unsuccessful, you do not pay any legal costs. If your case is successful, the majority of our costs are recovered from the negligent party and we provide a costs guarantee to cap the level of costs we deduct from your damages. There are no hidden costs.
Call and speak to a member of our team on 01244 312306
MEET OUR PERSONAL INJURY TEAM
Click on the image to read about each Specialist and see how they may be able to help you.