We provide specialist advice to give your business the best chance of success.
Starting a business can be a very exciting time. However, many businesses struggle because they do not address key legal challenges from the outset. If you are starting a business, obtaining specialist legal advice from the beginning will be time well spent and save you expense further down the line.
Who we help:
We help anyone looking to go into business whether they propose to operate as Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, Private companies or PLCs. If you are unsure about which structure best suits you, we are able to guide you.
- A comprehensive range of corporate and commercial services addressing all the issues faced by a new business;
- Pragmatic and cost-effective solutions;
- Advice which is tailored and delivered according to your needs.
Choosing your business-type:
It is important to consider from the outset what the best structure will be for your business, whether it be:
- Sole Trader
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Limited Company
When making your choice, you will need to consider the following:
- Risk: This is the degree of risk to the new business venture. The potential liability faced by those involved will vary considerably depending on which structure you choose, and the industry you operate in.
- Expense: The legal and administrative costs will generally be higher for a private limited company than for an unincorporated business.
- Management: whether your business is governed by the company’s Articles of Association or a Partnership Agreement, the constitution of the business should be appropriate for your business needs.
- Succession Planning: This involves consideration of what will happen if you choose to leave the business in the future. An early consideration of this issue is very important, but all too often overlooked. For example, what will happen if you wish to sell your interest in the business, retire, leave due to ill health or die?
In addition to advising you on the form your business should take, we can also assist with:
- Your business premises (purchase or letting);
- Your people (employment contracts, handbook, policies and procedures);
- Your standard contracts (terms and conditions of business);
- Your intellectual property rights;
- The regulatory regime in which your business might operate;
- Corporate governance and directors duties.
For further advice and information contact us today on 01244 312306 or use our contact us page.
Call and speak to a member of our team on 01244 312306