Can I claim compensation for my head injury?
If you have injured your head in an accident that was not your fault we may be able to help you with a claim for compensation.
According to the Brain Injury Resource Foundation, each year approximately 125,000 people in the UK are admitted to hospital with a brain injury. Unfortunately, these can be very serious injuries despite the skull’s protection. If you have had a head injury, this may mean your brain has been damaged. Unfortunately, the human brain is extremely vulnerable to impact, its surface can be torn and bruised as it collides with the skull.
How can a head injury occur?
A head injury can occur in one of many ways including:
- Falling from a height at work
- Suffering a blow to the head from equipment or machinery
- Hitting your head in a road traffic accident
- Being struck by a falling or thrown object at a public event
- Falling due to defective pavement or road surface.
What are the effects of a head injury?
If you have had a severe head injury, your everyday life could be affected. You may experience different effects including:
- Physical: These may include amongst many symptoms: headaches, nausea, dizziness, concussion, fits or seizures
- Sensory: You may experience long-term problems with sight, hearing, touch, taste or smell.
- Hormonal: You may find your hormones are affected
- Emotional: You may experience long-term emotional or behavioural problems which could include amongst many, irritability, anxiety, depression, insomnia, confusion, frustration or mood swings. You may feel you lack self-control and are more impulsive
- Cognitive: These effects can be serious. You may experience memory loss, concentration, attention problems, communication or language problems.
Due to your injuries you may not be able to drive or work. Your friends and family may have commented that your general behaviour has changed.
It is very important you receive the correct treatment to aid your recovery. You may require various types of treatment including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and psychotherapy. Here at Oliver & Co we can arrange these for you and ensure you receive the correct medical advice and treatment you need.
Why make a claim for compensation?
At Oliver & Co Solicitors we understand no amount of compensation can restore a person’s life to how it was before a catastrophic head injury. We also know that it is not only the pain and suffering you endured which needs to be taken into account. It is vital to consider your rehabilitation needs, the cost of which could be substantial. It is our primary objective to secure the best treatment and rehabilitation for you as well as the best compensation outcome.
We employ only the very best lawyers to assist you with your claim. We have an in-house Doctor who is also a Solicitor. She can assist in assessing the needs of any potential claim.
If you have had a head injury, it is important you seek the advice of an experienced Specialist Solicitor. If we are able to assist you with your claim, we will represent you on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis meaning that if your claim is unsuccessful there are no legal costs for you to pay.
How much could my injury be worth?
Find out what your injury could be worth by using our Claim Calculator! Click here, or on the link below to get started.
Try our claim calculator
How much is your claim worth?
Call and speak to a member of our team on 01244 312306
MEET OUR PERSONAL INJURY TEAM
Click on the image to read about our Specialist Solicitors and see how they may help you.