There are a number of legal issues which require consideration when promoting and developing your business using electronic means.
As the use of internet technology has grown, so has the regulatory framework which governs those who do business by electronic means. It is absolutely crucial to understand these Rules and Regulations and the manner in which they might affect the way you do business.
Whether you use your website simply to communicate, exchange or view information online, or if you actually trade online, then the Corporate & Commercial team at Oliver & Co Solicitors can meet all your requirements and ensure that you are compliant with the law.
Who we help
- Any business which is carrying out, or proposes to carry out, business by way of remote selling by telephone and e-mail as well as online;
- Any business which has, or is proposing to develop, a website to market or advertise its goods/services online;
- Anyone who requires assistance with any legal issues which relate to the internet, including any website or domain name issues.
E-Commerce is heavily regulated and the chances are that if your business has an internet presence these regulations will apply to you. If you sell online you need to ensure that your contracts do not fall foul of the various regulations which govern the formation of contracts and the information you must make available to consumers. Breach these regulations and you might not only incur financial penalties but also damage your business.
- Provide a comprehensive service that will guide your business through the regulatory maze whether you already trade online or propose to do so;
- Provide an e-commerce and website compliance check which will identify any issues which need to be addressed;
- Ensure that any intellectual property rights are adequately protected, are not prejudiced and can be properly exploited;
- Understand your commercial requirements and take a practical approach which ensures that the needs of your business are met and any risks are minimised;
- Provide you, whenever possible, with a fixed fee quote for undertaking certain types of work on your behalf.
At Oliver & Co we have extensive experience in dealing with the full spectrum of e-commerce and website related legal matters including:
- Compliance with consumer protection and e-commerce legislation;
- Domain name disputes and cybersquatting;
- Domain name acquisitions / sales;
- Online marketing;
- Terms and Conditions for websites including contract formation, conditions of sale, returns and refund policies;
- Consumer law advice in e-commerce transactions;
- Advice on website user, design, hosting and linking agreements;
- Intellectual property rights;
- Employment law related issues such as employee misuse of the internet and e-mail;
- Data protection and privacy issues.
For further advice and information use the contact form or call 01244 354697 and ask for Tim Polding.
Call and speak to a lawyer on 01244 312306