Incorrect or Delayed Diagnosis?
If the diagnosis of your illness by a medical professional is delayed or incorrect you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
We have helped both clients who have suffered a misdiagnosis over a number of years, and those who have suffered due to a failure to provide the correct diagnosis on one occasion. For example, when attending the Accident & Emergency department.
Why claim compensation?
If you are not correctly diagnosed from the outset then you may:
- Suffer pain for longer.
- Have to undergo unnecessary treatment.
- Be left with permanent damage because your illness was not treated appropriately.
- Have an illness which is no longer treatable.
You deserve justice for this prolonged suffering and pain. Furthermore, compensation can make up for any earnings you have lost whilst incapacitated by your injury. It can also help you to get back on your feet more quickly. For example, you may use it to pay for specialist equipment, private treatment or physiotherapy sessions.
If you have suffered any injury as a result of a delayed or failed diagnosis, then you may be able to claim for clinical negligence. Our specialist team of Solicitors will be able to assist you with a claim. Contact them today by calling 01244 354688, or by filling in our contact form.
Why choose us?
- We offer free initial advice & free assistance drafting a letter of complaint.
- We won’t charge you anything upfront, and we work on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- Our specialist team includes a dual-qualified Doctor/Solicitor.
Why choose Oliver & Co Medical Negligence team? – Read our guide.
You can direct dial our Clinical Negligence Department on 01244 354688 or fill in our contact us form.
Delayed Diagnosis Case Study
We help lots of clients every year just like you claim the compensation they deserve. Below is a case study. This demonstrates how we have helped clients claim compensation for missed or delayed diagnosis’ in the past. Please be aware that the compensation amounts depend on the client’s individual situation and experiences. To see how much your claim could be worth please contact us directly.
Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer – £100,000 in Compensation
- Our client brought a claim on behalf of the estate of his wife who sadly passed away after her cancer was not diagnosed for nearly two years.
- Our client’s wife presented to her GP with a patch of skin on her back that was a distinctly different colour to the rest of her skin. It was also unlike any of the moles on her back. She was told that this was simply a mole and nothing to worry about.
- The patch began to grow in size over the next few months and our client became increasingly concerned for his wife. Again she visited the GP, and the GP again reassured her that it was just a mole. Over the next few months, the patch became raised above the skin, became irritated and eventually began to bleed.
- Only at this point, almost 20 months after our client’s wife first presented to her GP, did the GP refer our client’s wife to a hospital doctor. Unfortunately, she was immediately diagnosed with skin cancer. Sadly, our client’s wife passed away less than a year after her treatment was started owing to the aggressiveness of her cancer.
- Our client received £100,000 compensation for the loss of his wife.
Do You Have A Potential Medical Negligence Claim?
Please contact us for advice if you feel you have suffered any form of negligent medical/dental treatment. We have a specialist team of solicitors who are always happy to help.
If you would like advice on whether you have a potential clinical negligence claim or assistance with drafting a letter of complaint, please contact us. Please note that there are legal time limits in place for starting a claim for compensation. However, our specialist clinical negligence solicitors will be able to advise you specifically on the facts of your own case.
Finally, to learn more about medical negligence, please read our guides:
For free advice from our Medical Negligence solicitors, please call us direct on 01244 354688