Data Protection is an issue which affects businesses across every commercial sector and which might arise in a wide range of circumstances.
It is a very complex field which, if not understood or if ignored, can bring civil and criminal sanctions and also severely damage your business.
Who we help
- Any businesses which processes personal and commercially sensitive data as a part of its activities;
- Any businesses which wish to acquire, exploit or protect personal data;
- Individuals who wish to make data access requests or are experiencing difficulties with data controllers.
Data is an important asset of most businesses and you must always be aware of the steps which you must take to comply with the Data Protection Principles. However, you should also ensure that your data processing activities are flexible enough to meet your business needs, and that you can maximise the commercial use / value of data.
- Provide pragmatic and practical advice which supports your commercial objectives and meets the needs of your business;
- Try to turn what is typically expected to be a negative experience into a positive one which might reap rewards beyond compliance with data protection law;
- Promote a data compliance programme which will offer the greatest revenue generating potential for your business.
At Oliver & Co we can assist in connection with all or any of
- Practical advice on the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Data Protection principles;
- Data Protection compliance audits;
- Notifying and updating the Information Commissioner;
- Drafting of employment contracts with appropriate provisions covering data protection, your e-mail policy and the monitoring of your employees’ e-mails;
- Advice on monitoring communications generally;
- Vetting of third party processors;
- Preparation of a third party processors agreement;
- Commercial agreements for data sharing;
- Updating and amending your employee manual;
- Agreements for transferring data outside the European Economic Area;
- Pro forma responses to access requests by individuals;
- Advice to individuals on data access requests and disputes with data controllers.
For further advice and information use the contact form or call 01244 354697 and ask for Tim Polding.
Call and speak to a lawyer on 01244 312306