Give us a call

01244 312 306

Accidents in Public Places

Have you been injured in a public place?

If your accident happened in a public place and the land or building is owned by someone, or a company or the local authority and they have public liability insurance, you may be able to make a claim.

Get in touch

Claiming for an accident in a public place

Owners of shops, restaurants, supermarkets, other buildings or land are required to ensure you are safe when visiting.

If they fail to ensure you will be safe, you will have good grounds to make a claim.

Rectangle 7988

What to do if you have an accident in a public place

Tips for photographing the cause of your accident

Take photographs from different angles, take a few close up and then stand back to show the area in a wider context.

If you tripped due to a pothole, stand a spirit level or piece of wood over the top of the hole and stand a ruler in the hole. Take a photograph showing the measurements on the ruler.

If you were injured due to a rocking paving slab, take a video showing it rocking and how it caused you to fall.

If you were injured due to a sign falling and hitting you in a shop or in the street, take a photograph of the sign.

If you were injured sitting on a chair in a restaurant that has collapsed, take a photograph of the chair. Gather as much evidence as you can.

Why choose Oliver & Co Solicitors?

Our legal services are provided on a full ‘no win, no fee’ basis. This means that there is no financial risk to you if your case is unsuccessful.

There is no better endorsement than client recommendation. We are proud to be rated excellent on Trustpilot. Our clients have been recommending us for years but don’t take our word for it,  read our reviews to see for yourself. We are proud to provide an outstanding service.

We listen to our client’s needs and have the knowledge and experience to fight your corner. If you choose Oliver & Co, you are guaranteed to have specialist litigators on your side who are passionate about obtaining justice and the compensation you rightfully deserve.

Personal law solicitors

How much could my

claim be worth?

How much could my
claim be worth?

Key contacts


clients say

Get in touch