Amputation Claim Specialists
HAVE A QUESTION? ASK OUR SOLICITORS
We understand that amputation affects every aspect your life and that of your family as well, resulting in serious physical and emotional trauma.
We draw upon years of specialist experience to obtain compensation for people who have had an amputation as a result of someone else’s negligence. Our Solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve and achieve a sense of justice following your injury.
Oliver & Co are proud sponsors of the Amputation Foundation, who provide much-needed support to both amputees and medical professionals in the UK.
Compensation to support you through your recovery
We are committed to ensuring our clients receive the best possible care so they can fully adjust to life after losing a limb. Throughout the duration of your claim, we can help you access the best private care and equipment available, by securing interim payments to cover the cost of these much-needed items.
Examples of items that can be claimed for are:
- State of the art prosthetics
- Residential physiotherapy and occupational therapy to maximise the use of the prosthetics
- Mobility aids
- Car modifications
- Professional care and domestic assistance
- Home modifications and relocation costs
Types of accidents
- Workplace accidents: Employers are legally required to provide staff with protective equipment, training and a safe working environment. We help many clients each year who have sustained serious injuries as a result of an accident at work.
- Road traffic accidents: We are specialists in road traffic accident claims, and members of MASS (the Motor Accident Solicitors Society). Road traffic accidents can cause life-changing injuries, which can lead to amputation.
- Slips and falls: Serious injury can be caused if you slip or trip on a pavement, wet floor, or in a variety of other circumstances. If a fall causes a serious fracture, this can lead to amputation.
- Medical negligence: A limb may require amputation following surgical error, or a delayed or missed diagnosis by a medical professional. In these instances, our specialist team can help you to claim compensation.
No win no fee
All claims are dealt with on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis which means you do not pay anything if your claim is unsuccessful and there are no hidden charges to be worried about.
Time limit for making a claim
You must make a claim within 3 years of the date of injury. If the injured person was a child at the time, they have 3 years from their 18th birthday to make a claim. It is very important you speak with a solicitor as soon as possible to investigate your accident and start your claim within the time limit. If you do not bring your claim within the 3-year period, your claim will be statute barred meaning you cannot then bring your claim.
Our in-house medical expert
We are extremely fortunate that our team at Oliver & Co includes one of the very few Solicitors in the UK who is also a qualified Doctor. Linda Schermer-Jones is the Head of our Clinical Negligence department. We are privileged to use her medical expertise to provide the best possible advice and outcome for our clients.
Why choose us?
There is no better endorsement than client recommendation. We are proud to be rated ‘EXCELLENT’ on Trustpilot. Our clients have been recommending us for years but don’t take our word for it, click on the Trustpilot logo below and read our Trustpilot reviews to see for yourself. We are proud to provide an outstanding service.
We listen to our client’s needs and have the knowledge and experience to fight your corner. If you choose Oliver & Co, you are guaranteed to have specialist litigators on your side who are passionate about obtaining justice and the compensation you rightfully deserve.
- Dual-qualified Doctor/Solicitor
- No win, no fee
- Specialist Solicitors
- Over 50 years of experience
- Proud sponsors of the Amputation Foundation.
Try our claim calculator
How much is your claim worth?
MEET OUR PERSONAL INJURY SPECIALISTS
Click on an image to read about our Specialists and see how they may help you.