As you begin the next stage of your legal journey, we are excited to hear from you if you want to work for a 100% Employee-Owned law firm that thinks ‘outside the box’. We are looking for ambitious, hardworking individuals to join our Employee-Owned business and be a part of its future.
During your 2-year training contract, you will complete a minimum of 2 seats, in a range of practice areas, usually between 2 and 4 different departments. Our success has been built on our people and your training contract is the beginning of your journey with us. Our people are important to us, and during your training contract you will become a member of a 100% Employee-Owned Business. You will be supported by other trainee solicitors and newly qualified solicitors in the firm.
Our training contracts cover the following areas of law: Corporate/Commercial, Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Property, Family, Private Client. Personal Injury including Clinical Negligence and Industrial Disease. As a supportive employer, we work with our trainees to ensure that they experience the departments of choice to complement their career goals. You will gain invaluable hands-on experience in each of your seats, to include exposure to a variety of cases, client contact, and learning from diverse and experienced lawyers.
Candidates should have the following:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in an academic subject
- Excellent client care skills
- Clear ability to work within a team structure
- Commercial awareness within legal practice
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Competency with IT facilities
- Previous experience in a legal environment is preferred but not essential
- Be eligible to commence a training contract on 1st October 2023
If you wish to, apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. In your application, please outline the following:
- Grades at A-Level
- Grades at degree level
- LPC results – if completed
- Electives chosen during LPC
- Why Oliver & Co?
- What does being an employee owner mean to you?
We will consider all applications received before the closing date and shortlist candidates for an interview. As part of the interview process you will be asked to give a presentation on a given subject.
Closing date for applications for 2023 / 2024 is Friday 30th June 2023.