Can I make a claim for compensation if I am injured by a faulty product?
The answer is yes! A product must be safe for its intended use when it is sold to customers.
If you are injured by a faulty product and you were using it correctly, you are legally entitled to make a claim against whoever is responsible. This area of law is called ‘Product Liability’ and it ensures manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers and others are held responsible for the injuries their defective products cause.
What is manufacturer’s liability?
The manufacturer of a product may be liable for any personal injury caused by a faulty product. Goods must pass complex tests to make sure they are safe for the public. A manufacturer may be liable if a person is injured by a product that was sold faulty, developed faults at a later date or has insufficient labels to warn of potential hazards.
What products can be defective?
A wide range of products can be defective. Here are a few of the most common:
- Everyday household items, such as kettles, hairdryers, toasters
- Food, drink or tobacco
- Medical products such as drugs or contraceptives
- Beauty products such as hair dye or face cream
Our successful product liability cases
- We won £5,000 for Miss M following her purchase of a faulty exercise ball
- We won £1,000 for Mr. H after he injured his hand on a faulty breadbin.
- We won £12,934 for Mr. W after he was injured by a faulty bicycle.
- We won £2,350 for Master O after a chair collapsed beneath him.
How much could my injury be worth?
If you’ve been injured by a faulty product, find out how much your injury may be worth by using our Claim Calculator! Click here, or on the link below to get started.
Try our claim calculator
How much is your claim worth?
Call and speak to a member of our team on 01244 312306
MEET OUR PERSONAL INJURY TEAM
Click on the image to read about our Specialists and see how they may help you.