Using Mediation Services
At Oliver and Co Solicitors we aim to deal with family matters in an amicable and non-confrontational way. Mediation is an alternative to litigation and has many benefits which you may wish to consider if you are separating from your partner. If mediation is suitable we can help you navigate through the process.
What is mediation?
If you find yourself in a situation where you are struggling to agree on issues such as finances, property and child arrangements, mediation can be a very effective alternative route to solicitor led negotiations, litigation or applications to court.
As well as being a more cost effective and efficient process, reaching an agreement through dialogue, with the assistance of a Mediator, will often result in improved communication which will benefit you and your family.
On occasions, children over the age of 10 can also be involved in Mediation, enabling them to express their own wishes and feelings so that parents can clearly understand the child’s perspective.
Is mediation legally binding?
If a resolution is achieved through mediation, it can clarify future arrangements which can implemented between you and your partner. It will not be legally binding, however, a record of your agreement can be drawn up by your mediator for you and your partner to pass on to your Family Law solicitor. They can then draw up a Consent Order incorporating the terms which you have agreed.
Benefits of mediation
- Help both of you to make informed decisions
- Improve communication
- Be quicker and more cost effective than court proceedings
- Reduce conflict and stress
- Allow you both to determine the outcome of your situation, rather than being subject to an order of the court decided by a Judge
- Enable you to discuss all matters both big and small that are concerning you, that a Judge at a hearing would not have the time or opportunity to deal with
- Assist with the logistics of arrangements for children for example a Parenting Plan can be prepared and information can be provided in respect of reading material and research
- Allow other experts to be brought into the mediation space such as Financial Advisers, Pension Experts, Accountants and other specialised advisers if necessary.
Want to know more?
For further information on mediation and to discuss how we can support you please contact us on 01244 312306.
Please click here to see our Mediation Fees
Please click here to see our Cancellations and Refund Policy
Please click here to see our Complaints Procedure
Call and speak to a member of our team on 01244 312306