Academy Conversion Solicitors in Chester
Converting your school into an Academy is a big step – Let us guide you.
Becoming an Academy means that your school will no longer be controlled by your Local Education Authority. Instead, you will receive your funding directly from Central Government. As well as the changes to the way you run and manage your school, there are lots of legal changes to consider and implement before, during, and after the academy conversion.
We have helped many schools to convert as well as formed numerous multi-academy trusts – our specialists can successfully guide you through the process. Since April 2011 we have successfully helped more than twenty schools in Cheshire, South Manchester, Shropshire and Merseyside become academies. This includes Community, Church, Primary and Secondary Schools. We have also advised trustees and schools – helping them to create Multi Academy Trust vehicles and convert various schools to become members of those MATs.
Why Choose Us?
Our experienced solicitors have the expertise to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible. We ensure that there is minimal disruption to the children, teaching staff, and parents during the process. We can also offer:
- Free initial advice.
- A free visit to the school to discuss the potential conversion.
- Fixed fees where possible to ensure the costs are clear from the outset.
- Tailored advice, specific to your school.
The Conversion Process Explained:
Here is a brief overview of the conversion process.
1. Creation of the new legal entity: The first step is to decide whether you will operate as a single convertor academy or a multi academy trust. No matter what you decide, the entity will have to be registered and run as a company. You will need a Solicitor to consider the legal and constitutional frameworks which will be associated with the new entity.
2. Ensure regulatory compliance: You will need a Solicitor to assess and help you meet the legal requirements, regulations, and authorities of being an Academy.
3. Creation of funding agreements: We can help you to create the necessary funding agreements for the Academy.
4. Transfer existing assets: You will need to transfer existing assets and liabilities, such as land and employees, to the new entity, we can help to create the commercial transfer agreement dealing with this.
5. What legal contracts do you need for the future? At this stage you will need to consider which contracts you will need to have in place for the future. Our specialist Solicitors can give you the best advice in relation to this.
If you’re thinking about joining the Academy revolution, talk to Oliver & Co today. Your first consultation is completely free, and there is no obligation to instruct us. We guarantee to help you consider everything you need to before you make the switch.
After You’ve Converted – How Can We Help?
Once your school has successfully become an Academy, you will need to stay on top of the new legal responsibilities that come with it. Furthermore, you will come face-to-face with many aspects of running an entity that you have never had to deal with before. Fortunately, we are here to support you in managing these complicated processes, and ensure that you continue to benefit from the advantages of being an Academy.
After you’ve converted we can help you with:
- Employment and commercial law
- Company support and governance
- Admissions and appeal procedures
- Drawing up contracts with suppliers
- Training programmes
Through our ongoing work in the Education Sector we have access to and work regularly with a wide range of professionals. They operate in a number of fields and specialise in Academies. We can introduce the Governors of the new Academy Trust vehicle to the following contacts:
- Accountancy Services;
- Applications for Grant Funding;
- Banking Services;
- Insurance Services;
- Estate Planning (comprising architects, surveyors, planners, builders, etc.);
- Energy Brokers;
- Educational Consultancies.
Contact us today:
If you’re considering converting your school into an Academy, call us today on 01244 312306 to speak to one of our specialist Solicitors for your free initial advice. You can also fill in our contact form here, or contact us via livechat below.
Call and speak to a lawyer on 01244 312306