Legal Services for the Over 50’s
As we get older, we can begin to think more about our own mortality and well-being (or that of close relatives), and often planning for the future becomes more of a priority. Decisions and plans you make in your 50s (or even earlier) can have a huge impact on your later life and getting them right is essential.
Planning for the Future
Oliver & Co Solicitors provides a wide range of specialist legal services for those who are 50 and older. We can assist with immediate problems you may face but also help you plan ahead so that your future is secure, and your family is protected.
Oliver & Co Solicitors are able to provide specialist legal assistance in a wide variety of areas affecting the over 50s, including:
- Writing a Will
- Setting up a Life Interest Trust
- Estate and Tax Planning
- Setting up Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- Probate and Estate Administration after a loved one dies
- Obtaining Court of Protection & Deputyship applications
- Going into Long Term Care
- Equity release to raise funds
- Transfer of property or equity (changing legal ownership)
- Setting up a Declaration of Trust
- Prenuptial Agreements and Asset Protection
- Setting up Retirement and Exit Strategies for Business Owners
Working with the Elderly and Vulnerable
Unfortunately, as life expectancy continues to rise, so do the legal issues and financial risks affecting older and vulnerable people and their families. We understand that these issues are often complex and daunting, leaving families feeling confused, not knowing what to do for the best.
At Oliver & Co, our experienced and capable solicitors provide a personal legal service that always focuses on the needs of the client. They are passionate about ensuring our clients fully understand sometimes complicated legal issues and strive to provide clear, expert advice on all matters, allowing their clients to make informed and well-considered decisions. Our team is used to assisting clients with individual needs, who may have mental and/or physical health issues in a sensitive, and caring manner.
The Wills & Probate department is headed by Sarah Ayliffe who has many years’ experience in this area of law. Our team of solicitors can see clients at our offices in Chester. Where appropriate, we will visit our elderly and vulnerable clients in their homes, or even in hospital. If you need this assistance, then just ask when you contact us.
Why Choose Us:
- Our solicitors offer free initial advice
- Our fees are fixed and disclosed to you before we start
- We store Wills securely, free of charge
- We offer home and hospital visits in the area
- We’re located in central Chester with client car parking available
- We have many years of experience, and as solicitors, we’re the best-qualified to provide legal assistance for the over 50s