Are you interested in joining the team?
What is it like to work at Oliver & Co? Well, we like to think we have created somewhere that people are happy to come and work everyday, where the offices are somewhat colourful (who doesn’t like a bright pink wall, eh?), and where talented, successful people ‘get on’ in their careers.
We’re always keeping an eye out for Oliver & Co people to join us. Below are a few of the things that we look out for in a potential new member of the team:
- A bright and enthusiastic personality
- A great track record in whatever it is that you do
- The ability to think and act commercially
- A permanent smile
- No fear of answering the phone
- And a love of all things cake**optional
Great people really go a long way to make our business. People that don’t care can really make it rubbish for everyone else. Whilst we try to keep the office relaxed, we need highly talented, self motivated people who know when it is time to graft, and when it is time to get involved with a bake off or charity bike ride.
If you want to let us know how great you are, email a covering letter together with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com. We may not have any current vacancies – but if you’re an Oliver & Co person, you never know.
Please note we do not use any recruitment agencies preferring to recruit direct.
Legal Cashier (Job Share 3 days per week)
Hours: 8.45am – 5.15pm, Monday- Wednesday
Oliver & Co are looking to recruit a part time Legal Cashier in the Accounts team.
Key responsibilities for the Legal Cashier include;
- Taking responsibility for the legal practice’s financial matters
- Bank reconciliations and Client ledger postings.
- TT/Bacs payments and bank transfers.
- Processing of bills, credit notes and queries.
- Staff expenses and petty cash.
- Month end reports.
- Compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Experience of working with a CMS (Case management system).
- General financial and legal administration.
The ideal Legal Cashier will need;
- Legal Cashier experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and credit control
- Strong attention to detail essential
You will need to be able to work on your own initiative and produce work quickly and accurately often within tight timescales. You will therefore have the ability to remain calm when working under pressure.
In addition to the above, you will need to be a team player, who is both organised and self-motivated. You will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and thrive upon a demanding workload.
The position will commence ASAP.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Mrs. Liz Chapman, Oliver & Co Solicitors, Douglas House, 117 Foregate Street, Chester, CH1 1HE or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 18th January 2019
First Response Advisor
Every day, we receive enquiries from new and existing clients, either by phone or through our websites, who wish to know more about the services that we provide. Often they are looking for a quotation or someone to talk them through the process of using a Solicitor for a particular service.
We are looking to recruit a First Response Advisor to assist the First Response Team in handling these often sensitive new enquiries, both on the phone and face-to-face by providing our clients the highest possible standard of client support.
The successful candidate will be motivated to provide first contact to potential new clients who submit enquiries relating to claiming compensation for Personal Injury from our website and by phone.
This is a unique position where you will encourage and support your team in achieving their goals. Legal experience is desirable but not essential as full training would be provided. However you will be required to have a knowledge of the industry in order to provide resolutions to our clients.
You will need to be passionate about meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Together with your team you will find solutions, formulate new ideas and embrace a constantly evolving working environment.
The work will be diverse and challenging, with no two days the same. You will be based at our office in Chester as part of a small but vibrant team committed to providing the best possible introduction to Oliver & Co.
You will help us make a difference to our clients every day. We have a friendly and sociable work environment; opportunities for growth and development are plentiful, and good work is quickly recognised and rewarded.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Driven to deliver fast, efficient customer service.
- Provide quotations for our services in all areas of law
- Ability to take charge of the customer conversation and guide it to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Confident and articulate telephone manner.
- Extremely hardworking, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls.
- Being an engaged advocate for the customer.
- Handling a client’s needs with integrity and empathy.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Legal industry knowledge is desirable.
- It is imperative the candidate speaks fluent English.
- Experience within a customer support service.
- Ability to work the occasional additional day or late shift for holiday cover.
- Customer service experience or equivalent.
- Handling daily inbound calls and emails from customers.
- Making outbound calls to clients, brokers and colleagues.
- Accurately record information on to case management system
- Have excellent IT skills including knowledge of Excel formulas and spreadsheets
- Possess a warm, friendly and engaging personality with a confident telephone manner.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Strong personality with a will to demonstrate expertise.
- Strong sense of responsibility and a desire to get things done the correct way.
- Self-aware with a strong understanding of the impact of your own performance and behaviour.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Passion for serving with an ability to demonstrate tenacity and persistence.
- Maintain a positive outlook in challenging situations
- Present yourself well with a positive, proactive and professional approach.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 31st January 2019
Please send a covering letter and CV to Mrs. Liz Chapman email@example.com
Wills and Probate Paralegal
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.45am – 5.15pm (although part time will be considered)
Oliver & Co Solicitors are looking to recruit a Paralegal for our Wills and Probate team.
We want someone who has or can provide the following:
- Keen interest in Wills and Probate
- Wants to develop their own caseload
- Willing to see clients and offer home visits to clients
- Has an interest in marketing and developing the department
- Willing to network and maintain/ forge links with other solicitors/professionals
- Write articles for website and improve our status via social media
- Works well in a team, is hard working, reliable and confident
You will be working in a thriving Chester city centre practice, and will need to be able to work on your own initiative and produce work quickly and accurately often within tight timescales. You will therefore have the ability to remain calm when working under pressure.
In addition to the above, you will need to be flexible and self-motivated. You will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and thrive upon a demanding workload. You will have considerable client contact and be unfazed by working with difficult clients.
Closing date for applications for this role is Friday 18th January 2019.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Mrs. Liz Chapman firstname.lastname@example.org .