Work-related back injuries
Everyone will suffer some sort of back pain in their lives, but a work-related back injury can be very debilitating. In some occupations, like nursing and construction, back injuries can occur as a result of years of bending and lifting.
Causes of cumulative back conditions
There are many specific causes of back injuries at work:
- Frequent lifting and/or carrying
- Lifting and carrying heavy objects
- Prolonged periods of physical activity
- Insufficient rest periods
- Lack of training
- Failure to warn about the weight of loads
- Poor supervision
- Bad posture and/or poorly designed office chairs
- Failure to provide lifting equipment and/or inadequate lifting equipment
- Frequent bending and stooping
If you are suffering from a back injury sustained at work and this was not your fault, you may be able to claim for compensation.
It does not matter how the back injury arises, if your employer has been negligent and/or in breach of statutory duty, the principles which apply to a successful claim for compensation are the same. The aim is to put the injured worker back in the position in which they would have been if the accident or injury had not occurred, by securing adequate compensation.
We have specialist solicitors who can deal with your claim by taking away the worry and the stress and seek compensation on your behalf.
Call and speak to a lawyer on 01244 312306