Divorce & Separation
Whether you are cohabiting, married or in a civil partnership, we are here to help. We offer a sympathetic ear and a discreet, confidential service. Whatever your situation, we always strive to ensure that you get the best legal service available.
Our family team are experts with over 40 years of experience. They have helped thousands of clients, and are able to give the best advice for your unique situation.
Our experts can provide free initial advice over the phone. You can book an appointment today by calling 01244 312306. Alternatively, you may wish to book an Ask the Legal Expert appointment.
How much does a divorce cost?
If you plan to apply for a divorce, we can help you with this process. We offer a fixed fee divorce for £650 plus VAT. Regardless of whether you choose to use a solicitor or not, if you are applying for a divorce, you will have to pay a £593 court fee. However, some people will not have to pay the court fee if they meet certain criteria.
If you are being divorced by your spouse, less work is involved than if you are applying for divorce yourself. As a result, we do not offer a fixed fee for this work.
Do I need a divorce solicitor?
Some people opt to have a DIY divorce. However, we would always recommend seeking legal advice. This is especially true if you:
- Have money or property at stake
- Feel you are in a vulnerable financial position in comparison to your partner. For example, they might own the property you are living in, or currently support you financially
- Don’t know what is fair financially
- Have issues with your children that you cannot resolve with your ex, or you feel you don’t have enough time with your children
- Suffer domestic abuse, threatening behaviour, or threats to your living arrangements
- Are not confident at filling in paperwork
It is always advisable to seek legal advice if you are separating so that you are aware of the available options to you and the steps you should take next. You may wish to progress matters using other methods of dispute resolution, for example mediation. We will be able to discuss all options available to you.
Contact us today to get help with divorce or separation:
If any of these matters affect you, please contact the family department by calling 01244 312306 or by emailing the team at email@example.com.
Call and speak to a member of our team on 01244 312306