Intellectual Property Solicitors
All too often valuable intellectual property rights are not properly considered when making decisions in an increasingly knowledge-driven business environment.
If you do not take steps to secure, protect, commercialise and enforce your intellectual property rights, you run the risk of losing your competitive advantage and, worse still, seeing others reap the benefits of your efforts.
The Corporate & Commercial Team at Oliver & Co will not only assist in the identification and, where appropriate, registration of your intellectual property rights but, will also help you ensure that your intellectual property rights contribute to your balance sheet.
Who we help
- All forms of businesses, whether Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, Private companies or PLCs including high-tech, IT-enabled and Knowledge-based businesses;
- All sizes of businesses which might have IP requirements from small local businesses to national operators with multi-million pound turnovers;
- A diverse range of businesses across all sectors of the economy including clients operating in creative and artistic industries such as advertising, architecture, art, computer and video games, design, film, music, publishing, software, television and radio;
- Parties involved in intellectual property disputes including trade mark, design or patent infringement, domain name disputes and other infringement proceedings.
At Oliver & Co we have helped many Clients identify, protect, exploit and enforce their intellectual property rights. We also actively manage intellectual property portfolios for many of our Clients ensuring that any renewal dates are not missed and all registrations are kept up to date.
For businesses where inventions, new technology, software and products are paramount, protecting intellectual property is essential to add value to your business. Our expert lawyers specialising in IPR recognise that deterring infringement of your rights is often the best way to realise the value of your intellectual property.
- Advise you on the identification, registration, protection, exploitation and enforcement of your intellectual property rights with a view to unlocking their value and realising your business goals;
- Provide you with practical, commercial and cost-effective advice on the full spectrum of intellectual property issues including contractual arrangements between Licensors and Licensees, Assignors and
- Assignees, suppliers and customers, employers and employees;
- Provide you with up-front fixed cost quotes for filing applications for registration of trademarks, patents and registered designs (whether in the UK, Europe or, in some cases, throughout the World).
While the following list is not exhaustive, we can assist in connection with all or any of:
- Registration of trademarks, trade names and service marks and portfolio management;
- Designs rights both registered and unregistered;
- Infringement of intellectual property rights;
- Branding strategies;
- Sale or purchase of intellectual property;
- Licensing agreements;
- Confidential information;
- Non-disclosure agreements;
- Passing off;
- Domain names;
- Media issues;
- Database rights issues.
For further advice and information use the contact form or call 01244 354697 and ask for Tim Polding.
Call and speak to a member of our team on 01244 312306