Freehold Residential Sale – Pricing and Timescale Information
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback. We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction. If during the transaction there is a new development, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward. If during the transaction there is a new development, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your current home:
|Property Sale Price||Range of Legal Fees||VAT||Subtotal|
|£0 – £150,000||£625.00 – £800.00||£125.00 – £160.00||£750.00 – £960.00|
|£150,001 – £250,000||£795.00 – £800.00||£159.00 – £160.00||£954.00 – £960.00|
|£250,001 – £350,000||£850.00 – £900.00||£170.00 – £180.00||£1,020.00 – £1,080.00|
|£350,001 – £500,000||£895.00 – £1,000.00||£179.00 – £200.00||£1,074.00 – £1,200.00|
|£500,001 – £750,000||£1,050.00 – £1,100.00||£210.00 – £220.00||£1,260.00 – £1,320.00|
|£750,001 – £1,000,000||£1,300.00 – £1,350.00||£260.00 – £270.00||£1,560.00 – £1,620.00|
|£1,000,000 +||Available on request|
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
|Official Office Copies||£6.00||£1.20||£7.20|
|Electronic money transfer fee||£40.00||£8.00||£48.00|
|Digital onboarding fee||£19.75||£3.95||£23.70|
How long will the process take?
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and factors involved such as:
- The number of parties in the chain;
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place;
- Whether the buyer requests lease extension for a leasehold property;
- Whether the searches flag up any issues;
- Whether buyer’s Survey shows up any issues;
- Buyer’s Enquiries.
A typical transaction will take between 8-12 weeks. However, if any of the above apply or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, we will discuss this with you.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows. We will:
- Take your instructions and give initial advised based on the information you have provided;
- We will need to check finances are in place for the buyer to fund the purchase;
- Receive and advise on contract documents;
- Obtain further planning documentation if required;
- Provide advice on all documents and information received;
- Finalise contract and send to you for signature;
- Agree completion date (the date which you legally own the property);
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened;
- Complete purchase.
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above such as:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered;
- If crucial documents that we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us.