Eligibility for NHS continuing healthcare
The Primary Care Trust (PCT) is under a duty to ensure that an assessment for NHS continuing healthcare has been carried out where appropriate.
If you are receiving care in England, the PCT follows the Department of Health’s national framework for NHS continuing healthcare and this is available to view on their website.
Guidance provided by the government in relation to continuing care
There are 5 main documents of guidance which has been published by the government. These are:
- National framework for Continuing Healthcare and NHS-Funded Nursing Care
- NHS Continuing Healthcare Checklist
- Decision Support Tool for NHS continuing healthcare
- Fast Track Pathway tool for NHS Continuing healthcare
- NHS Continuing Healthcare Practice Guidance